You are here
Logistics Manager - Specialty Chemical
- A great Logistics role with an established MNC
- A chance to be apart of a global company
About Our Client
Our client is French Multinantional specializing in production of mineral based product for various industries such as mining and construction.
This position reports directly to the Purchasing & Supply Chain Director of Carbonates Asia Pacific. He/she will lead the regional logistics team in Kuala Lumpur which has an external purchases value of circa MYR150mil per annum. The primary responsibility is the overall shipping management, effectiveness, economical operations, receiving and stock management through close collaboration with suppliers and internal customers. The position will also provide guidance on local logistics purchases, within the Carbonates Asia Pacific sites, managed by the local purchasing managers whom will have functional reporting to the position.
- Define logistics strategy/policy, implement the best practices (including Safety and Sustainable development) and lead the team members to achieve the defined performance metrics.
- Bring market knowledge and ideas through continuous research of the emerging trends, risks and opportunities affecting near sea bulk and container shipments to determine the most cost effective means of transporting products to achieve cost savings opportunities/targets.
- To manage RFI/RFQ/ COA for charter seafreight and negotiate rates for near sea bulk and container shipments with Total Cost of Ownership approach to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- To coordinate and collate bulk shipments needs of the region (with focus on India, Japan & Taiwan).
- Manage shipping fixtures to ensure carrier compliance with company policies for product transit and timely delivery of shipments to Taiwan and India
- To minimize costs with inventory management and stock optimization activities thorough integration of the existing production/supply sources, the needs, and the available stock position at quarry, ports and up to respective storage yards managed by the internal customers.
- To lead carriers and ports management processes (e.g. selection, qualification, and performance evaluation) to minimize/ mitigate demurrage and detention for all voyage charter vessels, through improve of turnaround time and loading /discharging efficiencies at loading and destination ports.
- To monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- To develop risk management programs for shipping to ensure continuity of supply in any emergency scenarios
- To review and support in-country internal customers on local logistics cost structure and system to ensure competitive and efficiency of logistics activities.
- Act as the company's advisor on all matters relating to logistics function and support Business Development team with any relevant budgetary logistics costing required for feasibility studies.
- To develop and maintain logistics metrics, analyse data to assess performance and actively implement improvements.
- Improve usage of ERP, maintain accuracy of purchasing database and all related information in order to optimize work efficiency and decision making process
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- At least 8 years of experience in Purchasing & Supply Chain with minimum 5 years of shipping related and proven working experience as a logistics manager.
- Dynamic, hard worker, open minded, result oriented and must have excellent organisational abilities and work independently in a structured manner.
- Must have a sound understanding of the commercial and operational business processes within shipping.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skill.
- Need to demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations that may call for an element of negotiation or problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work in cross functional and regional team environment and able to build good relationship with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Excellent integrity and ethical standards.
- Computer skills required (Microsoft Office, ERP, etc)
What's on Offer
- Excellent career growth
- Great remuneration package