You are here
Logistics Manager - Import, Export & Customs (Bangi)
- A great Logistics role with an established MNC
- An opportunity to grow into a Regional Supply Chain role
About Our Client
Our client is the market leader in self-adhesive labels, packaging and graphic materials. The parent company has more than 1300 employees in this region with major manufacturing facilities in Malaysia, Thailand, India and Australia.
- Overall performance and long-term growth of Logistics and Supply Chain solutions.
- Responsible for contract administration and quality compliance at all points of Logistics.
- The day-to-day operations of Logistics practices. This individual acts as a team lead, oversees the clerical, support, analysis, and research tasks, and reviews reports compiled for Import & Export, Materials Management, Duty Exemption and Customs/ MIDA/MITI practices including in Employee Development & Management.
- Supervise the daily activities of the team and responsible for team leadership and tasks such as: attendance/vacation schedule, claims, training coaching and development.
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations.
- Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage all of assigned projects and team operating plan.
- Oversee that materials are received, stored, shipped, and reported in accordance with established procedures.
- Furnish reports as needed related to customs duty, licenses required, inventory, distribution and transportation.
- Review effectiveness of operating procedures, maintenance, space utilization, and protection of equipment.
- Support, assist, and complete analyses; analyze information for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure supervised department meets daily/annual goals. Assess and suggest new procedures and processes to increase efficiency.
- Work with other functions to identify opportunities to improve the process effectiveness and improvement plan.
- Perform various activities to backup and maintain the flow of work in the department. Ensure staff is focused on process improvement.
- Communicate, implement and interpret Supply Chain, Materials Management, and Logistics policies and procedures.
- Develop, recommend, and coordinate the implementation of new procedures.
- Proactively communicate supply chain & logistics issues and provide alternatives.
- Maintain high levels of communication within the team.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment and a safe, clean environment.
- Closely coordinated and be a partner with Production Planning & Operations to achieve production goals.
- Actively participate in training to expand technical skills and improve services provided.
- Schedule and organize personnel to accommodate anticipated workflow.
- Provide technical guidance to the team, colleagues and/or customers.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations.
The Successful Applicant
- Positive attitude to learn and take up new challenges.
- Independent and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Fast learner and adaptable on different site conditions.
- Able to speak boldly and express new ideas on improvement solutions.
- Able to lead the team and able to work across departments / with other Avery colleagues from other sites.
- Relevant Work experience in Logistics and government management for minimum 5 years.
- Preferably in manufacturing environment.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Bangi.
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration package
- Great career progression