You are here
This position is now filled
Local Compliance Officer
- Local Compliance Officer (Senior Management Level)
- International Pharmaceutical Company
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world. It has business presence in over 120 countries including over 30 factories worldwide.
The incumbent's primary responsibility is to provide compliance consultation, guidance, advice and support to all divisions of the company in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and one other countries (to be determined) (collectively referred to as "Asia South").
The incumbent will be a member of the Asia South Legal & Compliance team to undertake critical and high value compliance tasks. He/she shall report to the Director, Legal & Compliance - Asia South, and collaborate closely with the Human Health Business Practice Officers ("BPO") in the Asia South markets and other members of the Asia Pacific Legal and Compliance team, as well as Divisional Compliance Officers in Asia Pacific, in order to assist the company meet its compliance goals in the Asia South markets.
- Guide, monitor and assist with all activities across Asia South's business that require compliance input, and to ensure all corporate, regional and local compliance objectives and goals of Asia South countries are met
- Provide sound, appropriate and timely compliance advice and oversight on all proposals for new or revised initiatives/programs in Asia South markets, including but not limited to, patient programs, marketing initiatives, customer centricity projects, business development deals and other business proposals
- Support the Director, Legal & Compliance - Asia South in managing and tracking the budget and expenditure of the Asia South's Compliance function against approved OGC guidelines
- Undertake and fulfill those tasks and activities below designated for L&C for all Asia South markets, in consultation with and as directed by the Director, Legal & Compliance - Asia South
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Law
- Over 8 years of experience with a combination of private practice and in-house exposure
- Language proficiency in English. Additional proficiency in Chinese Mandarin will be advantageous
- Proven experience in identifying compliance issues and implementing compliance strategies
- Previous experience in Pharmaceutical company will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and good attention for details
- Ability to work collaboratively with different functions in a company
- Strong leadership and presentation skills, experienced in presenting to senior level management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to conduct training, interviews and investigations.
- Strong solutions approached mentality and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide a root cause analysis to a complex problem
What's on Offer
This position will have a regional direct reporting line (Singapore) and will be responsible for the company's compliance matter in three countries including Indonesia.
If you are a strong professional looking for a regional career exposure and a competitive salary, this is the opportunity for you.