You are here
Key Account Manager - Food Ingredients
- Experience of selling commodity products into FMCG sector?
- Interested in joining multi-national business ?
About Our Client
Our Client develops an extensive range of high quality ingredients, sold into a number of industries including FMCG, pharmaceutical application, including a comprehensive range of texturants, tailored stabilizers blends, emulsifiers/stabilizers systems as well as products produced by their ground breaking cryogenic spray crystallization technology. Within their vast portfolio of products, they also produce and refine a number of specialized hydrocolloids and natural raw materials.
The objective of this role is to drive business forward, bringing in, managing and closing new opportunities whilst developing relationships with existing accounts. Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the position, you will explore a range of industries and markets, drawing on your knowledge and utilizing technical and manufacturing teams in order to manage new opportunities.
- To manage existing customers and to grow these whilst developing new business with old/ non-existing accounts
- To implement individual customer development plans/ strategies and deliver agreed targets following accurate sales forecasting
- To be responsible for all communication with customers - delivering both good customer service and operational efficiency
- Effectively manage price, terms, investment, claims, forecasting, promotional activity, business planning, packaging coordination, distribution and delivery of the product range
- Proactively collate and communicate market and competitor intelligence and recommend revised strategies/ tactics as required
The Successful Applicant
We are interested in speaking to candidates who have a successful track record selling food ingredients into the food manufacturing sector, including:
- Outstanding communication skills with customer facing experience and the ability to build close relationships with key contacts to create sustainable joint business plans that really deliver
- The ability to analyze and deal with complex scenarios and present solutions in a simple and effective manner - overcoming obstacles and finding a solution that works
- Resilient and tenacious with the ability to work on own initiative to problem solve
- An ability to deal with a variety of tasks whilst delivering excellent customer service
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Passion for customer care - putting the customer at the core of what we do
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a process and target driven working environment
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Graduate calibre with a relevant degree (or equivalent)
What's on Offer
Potential for development personally and within the company is rife, this is a genuine opportunity for someone to come in and make this position their own whilst being rewarded substantially for their efforts