You are here
HR Manager (Thailand, Bangkok)
- Build something from scratch
- Global Business
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most respected players within the FMCG industry. With more than 60 years of experience or client is a truly global organisation with revenues in the billions. A fast paced organisation with high expectations and rewards.
The successful candidate will have full HR responsibility with a direct reporting line to the Plant Manager based in Thailand and the Regional HR Director based out of Singapore. You will act as the advisor on all HR related matters and remain full autonomy in running the function. The responsibility will include but is not limited to;
- Co-ordinate all operational aspects of internal and external recruitment and selection
- Involved in the recommendation of salary package, as well as package negotiation with candidates
- Negotiate and select search consultant.
- Identify leadership gaps, identify talent, develop and track execution of development plans, and retention, to build a sustainable talent base. Performance Management
- Lead the implementation of effective performance planning, management and feedback/communication processes.
Organisation Design and Development
- Review span and layers of country teams, work with line leaders on organisational structure to build required capabilities and lead implementation/change management.
- Implement career paths and competency development work.
- Develop and implement programs to foster a strong culture of engagement from employees. Implement culture change initiatives to support the company's culture and business goals. Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide insights into the pulse of the organisation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure country teams are remunerated correctly, and partner the line managers on recommendations in the event there are outliers.
- Ensure all employment and benefits policies are current and comprehensive for Thailand
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to work and communicate well with others - All assignments in HR require working with people and having genuine interest in employees. The ability to collaborate and communicate with them effectively will help the HR practitioner be successful. This will also help HR practitioners build credibility and influence with members and leaders of the organization they work in.
- Genuine interest in business - In order for the new HR practitioner to be a successful Business Partner, he/she should have a basic understanding of and interest in the business of the Company. This means understanding the strategies, objectives, measures, competitors, and customers. One cannot give advice, make recommendations, or contribute with competence and credibility without business knowledge. Although this takes development and experience, the new practitioner should exhibit the desire and interest to learn more about the business and have a basic understanding of fundamental business processes.
- Basic understanding of organization theories and models - The HR practitioner needs this to be able to assess the organization and recommend changes to improve organization systems and culture. This will also help him/her later on to be able to drive and manage transformations that are needed to make the organization adaptive and competitive.
What's on Offer
We offer you a career with fast progression and development opportunities in one of the most sophisticated organisations in Thailand.