You are here
HR Director (BANGKOK, THAILAND)
- One of the largest privately owned businesses in the world
- Fast growing and exciting industry
About Our Client
Our client is one of the front-runners within its industry and one of the largest privately owned companies in the world. Through years of growth and diversification the business has grown to be truly global, spread across all 7 different continents with an employee base of more than 100,000 worldwide. This is truly an exciting business to join; one who takes Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and aims to add value to the world in a sustainable way.
As a leader in the Global HR team based in Thailand, you will be expected to understand the deliverable of the business stakeholders and deliver appropriate people solutions. The position needs to partner with business HR leads in the region and in the country in delivering these solutions with the help of team in a rapidly changing environment with the appropriate cost-value balance.
- Lead market HR Solutions team to provide relevant and effective consulting services to businesses, and lead overall delivery of operations, employee experience, ER and IR processes for Thailand. Ensure valuable solutions for the complexity of businesses in the market.
- Leverage and enforce processes and technologies to support delivery of services
- Work in close partnership with shared services to deliver recurring end-to-end services and processes
- Develop and maintain key internal/external relationships, which may include: business leaders, hiring managers, business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts, employees
- Ensure the desired business results are prioritised and the organisation capabilities are operationalized (HR integrator).
- Provides thought leadership in recommending solutions that build on business and functional strategic drivers
- Work with Regional Lead to develop strategy for the effective delivery and coordination of Employee Experience, ER and HR Operations activities for region.
- Responsible for achieving market performance metrics and engagement.
- Interface with COEs, demand management and global enterprise/function teams for effective resource planning and stakeholder feedback.
- Participates as a member of the Thailand Leadership Team comprises of business and functional leaders
- Translates business strategy to HR solutions and strategies around recruitment, compensation, development and management of talent.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is degree qualified and brings a wealth of operational and strategic experience. You will have had exposure to working in a manufacturing environment and handling a people base of no less than 5,000. You will be a thought leader with an eye for building relationship at all levels and providing cost effective and value add HR solutions to the business.
- 16 years of experience minimum in operations and/or human resources within Thailand
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the area of Industrial Relations/Employee Relations in the market and understanding of applicable legislation and complexity in Thailand market.
- Experience anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- 6 years of experience with people management, leading geographically dispersed teams
- Advanced experience positively influencing and collaborating while engaging the full scope of their teams
What's on Offer
Our clients offers a stimulating working environment with lots of challenge and opportunity to grow. As part of that they will offer a very competitive package made up of both a basic salary and lucrative bonuses.