You are here
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager - Penang & Johor
- Multinational Organization
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
About Our Client
Our client is a leading multinational company in the manufacturing industry, based in Penang. They are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to be based manufacturing in the factory in Penang or in Johor. The role will report to the Operations Manager.
The role and responsibility of the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager is to spearhead all HSE related activity and drive HSE initiatives across the organization. You role will include the following:-
- Organising and supporting HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the manufacturing team.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the company to create awareness on health and safety.
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are up to date and appropriate
- Constantly conducting hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations to ensure compliance
- Acting as the industry expert within the field of HSE in addressing safety compliance issues, third party safety & safety at the workplace
- Fully responsible for the development of the annual budget recommendations and implementation of HSE programs and training.
- Plan, conduct and coordinate HSE related training which will increase proficiency in safe work practices and promote HSE consciousness
- Ensuring that safety measures are in compliance with the local authorities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should posses the following:-
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Occupational Health & Safety Engineering or any related filed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Registered with DOSH as a Safety & Health Officer with valid Green Book
- Experienced in managing a team
- Work experience from the chemicals and other related manufacturing industry is highly preferred
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Excellent career opportunity
- Cross culture exposure