You are here
Head of Process Technology (Advanced Optics)
- Senior Leadership Role
- Industry Leader
About Our Client
Schott AG, founded in Germany, is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. The company has more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise and offers a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharmaceutical, electronics, optics, automotive and aviation industries.
The core business of the Business Unit Advanced Optics are high precision components and a large variety of optical glasses and special materials for applications in optics for research, medical, astronomy and other industries. The role will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
The Head of Process Technology will be directly reporting to the Site General Manager and be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the development of technical processes and procedures for new products and applications
- Adopts new technologies and equipment into production
- Provides adequate training for shift leaders, operaters and quality control
- Ensures timely and adequate planning, installation, initial set up and tests of new machinery and equipment
- Ensures that equipment and machines are reliable and ready for operation
- Leads projects or participates in projects for improvement of machinery and equipment, ramp up of production of new products and/or production processes and their applications
- Prepares project plans, costs, milestones for project handling and ensures their adequate and timely execution
- Supports Sales & Product Management, Feasibility studies, etc.
- Develops improvement concepts and ensures implementation of those concepts in the area of responsibility
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- University degree in Engineering, Precision Engineering (Process Technology, Material Science, Machinery Engineering or similar)
- 8 - 10 years occupational experience in production, machinery, process development within Optical Component and Systems Industry
- Project Management Experience, Leadership Experience
- Very good English language skills, IT knowledge
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
What's on Offer
The sucessful incumbent will receive an attractive remuneration package along with excellent company benefits.