You are here
Head of Legal & Regulatory
- International Exposure
- Comprehensive package of employee benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Specialist within the investment business. With a strong presence across the Asian region they have stamped their marked being a one of the top players within the financial busienssand is aggressively expanding.
- Draft, review and provide legal advice on commercial agreements, contracts and legal documents (where necessary, engage external legal counsel for support on specific legal areas, e.g., IP law or competition law).
- Provide support and counsel to Management on strategic corporate legal decisions, especially with respect to business operations in view of the CRA Act.
- Liaise, develop and manage relationship with regulators, including but not limited to CRA Registrar Office, Ministry of Finance, Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Proactively engage and support with other key government agencies, including but not limited to SSM, Jabatan Insolvensi Malaysia and National Registration Department.
- Liaise and manage external legal advisors/solicitors on specialized or complex legal matters.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Law LLB (Hons) from a recognized university
- Must be called to the Malaysia Bar
- More than 6 years of relevant experience (both legal practice and corporate legal positions, preferably from financial services industry)
- Experience in dealing with government agencies and regulators, and understanding of banking laws and PDP Act is highly preferred
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and oral
- Possess excellent communication and people skills
- Good leadership and negotiation skills, with excellent management skills
What's on Offer
Leading organization within its industry + international exposure + Medical coverage for individual and family + Organic Growth