You are here
Head of HR
- Head of HR
About Our Client
Our client is a Swedish MNC in the retail industry, employing more than 20,000 employees worldwide with annual turnover of USD 200 million. It has presence worldwide of over 3000 retail stores across 50 countries. They are currently looking for a Head of HR to join their dynamic team.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the operations in Malaysia, the Head of HR is responsible to lead the HR team to manage over 300 retail stores nationwide and to support a total of close to 2000 employees. The responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- leading the HR team of close to 20 headcounts to support to day to day operations of the organisation.
- to strategically align the HR operations to the business needs and objectives.
- to improvise and transform the current HR operations into a more strategic role on top of running the day to day operations of the organisation.
- to act as the business advisor to both the MD and CFO on matters relating or impacting the human capital in the organisation.
- to be very hands-on and on-the-ground person to manage both stakeholders from the bottom to top level management.
- to be creative and resourceful in improvising the current recruitment and retention programme.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal candidate must have the following quality and characteristics:
- minimum 7 years of working experience as a generalist in the retail industry.
- strategic thinker who not only able to run operations smoothly, but able to act as a business advisor to the company in aligning the business objectives and needs to their HR operations.
- someone who has vast experience in recruitment of stores personnel and running retention programmes.
- someone who is willing to take up challenges and sees challenges as part of skills development.
- calm but strong personality in nature, someone who is assertive and firm in what she/he wants and thinks.
What's on Offer
Successful candidate will be looking at:
- attractive remuneration package (both in cash and non cash form)
- good career progression.