You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Finance
- Amazing opportunity to join a regional market leader
- Great opportunity to step up and show up in a positive way
About Our Client
Our client is a successful regional market leading business services provider with an extremely success track. Part of a giant conglomerate spanning across the region, they are going through a ambition phase of reinvention and expansion. As part of their continuous growth strategy, they are currently looking for an experienced and dynamic Head of Finance to join them.
Strategy Planning and Budgets and Forecasting
- Together with General Manager, drives and supports strategic planning and budgeting/forecasting exercises across the organization
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and appraisal of strategic planning and budget against targets set
- Supports the delivery of performance targets by management team as agreed with the Board
- Delivery of forecast financial information to facilitate management team to drive results and to reporting on highlights and low lights as part of the reporting requirement for internal management and board purposes
- Provides insightful analysis and input from business aspects ie financial/operations/commercial views
Finance and Reporting
- Accountable for the statutory and compliance requirements for financial and regulatory related matters in accordance with required standards and regulations and in a timely manner.
- Accountable for timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis
- Maintains and implementation appropriate systems and processes to deliver effective financial reporting, controls and operations.
- Delivery of defined KPIs, in particular effective working capital management and P&L performance.
- Manages the overall funding and cash flows framework for Malaysia.
- Maintain a highly effective cross-function communication and liaison, especially with Business Head, Operations, Sales and Human Capital.
- Manages and supports the commercial requirements of the business while maintaining an appropriate balance between financial and non-financial considerations and expectations
- Develops and controls the pricing and costing strategies, particularly new business or clients. Emphasis on ROI of investment cases.
- Accountable for timely and accurate management and commercial reporting requirements for internal purposes such as management (client profitability and cost centers vis a vis commercial performance; working capital management vs cash flows) and board/shareholder (ROI/profitability and cash flows)
- Develops fit for purpose tools and analysis/reporting to support the front-end divisions to deliver the expected and required outcome
Corporate, Governance and Risk Management
- Important role in governance structure.
- Participates and engages in management and board level meetings and discussions.
- Drives and monitors implementation of board requirements
- Custodian for compliance with governance and risk management framework. This includes internal and financial controls, Limits of Authority and Finance/Procurement/Contract Management policies and procedures and Revenue and Cost Assurance as well as Insurance/Risk assessments.
- Liaison with external parties i.e customers, bankers, auditors, tax agent, company secretary, etc.
Systems and Procedures, Projects
- Participates in projects as required and provides insightful input from both financial/operations/commercial aspects.
- Develops improvement plans for systems and process that is aligned towards enhancing effectiveness of delivery in the finance team
- Accountable for any implementation/changes of systems and process in Finance
- Encourages and develop strong camaraderie and teamwork within finance team and other divisions. People effective manager
- Provide conducive and open working environment with progressive learning and career opportunities
- To provide guidance to finance team on issues for effective resolution
- Motivates and encourage positive environment to deliver effectively and efficiently
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Head of Finance will be confident in leading a business financially and be responsible for the growth of the company and must possess the requirements below;
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree, and Finance/Accountancy/Banking of equivalent.
- At least 15 year(s) comprehensive Finance, Accounting and Controllership experience is required.
- Possess professional qualification ICAEW, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Strategic and result-oriented.
- Commercially inept.
- Demonstrate leadership track record of effective management and staff development.
What's on Offer
Being part of the leading role in the company you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Excellent salary package (RM25,000 - RM35,000 depending on experience)
- Amazing reward for exceptional performance
- Incredible career progression prospect and support
Apply for this job
- Apply online or phone William Teh at +603 2302 4022 quoting job ref H2968720