You are here
Head of Finance & Admin
Attractive salary package
A great chance to develop your commercial & business acumen skills
About Our Client
Do you have the conviction of a natural leader? Are you seeking a workplace where every challenge is met with courage, and curiosity is not only an asset, but also a necessity? You will join a reputable European-based construction & engineering company with opportunities for learning.
Recognized for their objective to provide a great work culture based on respect & trust, it's a great organization that supports and encourages career growth and excellence. In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business, they are looking for accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of Head of Finance & Admin to become the key finance support to drive the strategic and commercial growth agenda within the company.
- Oversee the Finance and Administration Departments, managing all accounting, tax and treasury functions including reporting, budget control, cash management and tax planning for the Country operation.
- Control the financial operation of Malaysia operation
- Ensure that the control environment adheres to global standards and complies with local regulatory and statutory rules
- Develop efficient and effective financial systems including internal control, budget control, financial policies and procedures;
- Measure performance metrics of the company and its operating environment; assess the impact of such developments on the business and advise the management team on the courses of action to ensure the financial soundness of the local operation
- Design and implement financial management processes that ensures compliance with all internal and external rules and regulations, including business controls related to internal control environment around financial reporting requirements
- Direct the preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; ensuring financial data is consistent with corporate strategies and operational decisions
- Ensure proper monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting to the local General Manager, as well as the regional leadership committee for accurate decision making.
- Streamline processes to achieve an efficient operation responsive to the changing business requirements
- Continuous development of team skills and competencies through coaching or training
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of Information and general office administration
- Negotiate with suppliers of business services
- Develop a people strategy to support Malaysia operation, providing HR services in resource planning, recruitment, performance management, local benefits review, change management and succession planning
- Implement effective and consistent personnel administration and payroll processes
- Perform the local role as a local culture champion and support the General Manager to create the best working environment to promote the Group culture
The Successful Applicant
- University graduated major in Accounting/Finance. Professional certification such as ACCA/CIMA/CPA etc. is strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in related field, with at least 3 years in the construction and/or engineering industry
- Audit firm working experience is a must
- Knowledgeable in tax, treasury and legal requirements in Malaysia
- Strong at coaching and active listening to establish open communication
- Experience in managing an efficient team, ability to streamline processes and manpower
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package
- Opportunity to step into a company which offers career progression
- Opportunity to venture into regional roles with the expansion of the business