You are here
Financial Controller (potentially regional portfolio)
- Leadership position in a prominent FMCG company
- Potential regional exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent player in the FMCG industry with global presence and reach. They are constantly looking to reinvent to stay relevant and adapt with the changing business landscape. As such, they are looking for a highly analytical individual with great business sense to join their organisation as a Financial Controller. This person must also be strong in operational finance not only have done consolidations or high level/big picture finance/accounting; but must have also rolled up their sleeves to be hands-on when needed.
As this role is essential to the organisation it is vital you come with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the many responsibilities some are listed below:
- Leading the full portfolio of finance and accounting functions, including the preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts/reports, quarterly & annual reporting, taxation/GST, treasury, forex, annual budgeting, cash flow management, credit control, and banking related matters.
- To potentially oversee the accounting/finance department in other countries apart from Malaysia.
- Analyze and review monthly management accounts and provide recommendations on budget reallocations and/or remediation initiatives.
- Ensure achievement of top and bottom-line targets by tracking expenditures, providing insights and early warnings.
- Identify areas of risk and/or opportunity and financial impact on the business.
- Business partner with the commercial teams; understanding sales, distribution, manufacturing and key drivers for each of the aforementioned areas; ensuring strategy/plans make sense from ROI or financial perspective, etc.
- Build integrated financial models up to 5-7 year forecast for long-range planning with detailed schedules.
- Perform scenario analysis looking into different strategic and different assumptions, revenue buildup by SKU/geography/channel; costing for manufacturing scenario, CapEx & depreciation schedules, etc.
- Conduct financial analyses to provide insights to stakeholders for strategic planning purposes or new business opportunities and projects.
- Liaise with statutory bodies such as Bank Negara, Tax Authorities external auditors, tax agents, and bankers.
- Liaise with the external company secretary on related corporate secretarial matters.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Financial Controller will be confident in leading the department and be responsible for the growth of the company and must posses the below requirements;
- Min. Degree in Accounting / Finance and Professional Qualification (CPA, CIMA, ACCA, etc.)
- More than 10 years of relevant experience and ideally from MNC environment
- Must have FMCG/Retail industry background, having some audit background is an added advantage
- Regional exposure, covering SEA countries / region would be an added advantage
- Possess strong business partnering skills, strong analytical skills and good commercial acumen
- Result-oriented, committed, driven, highly-motivated and a resilient person
- Able to handle challenges, work across different cultures and work under pressure
- Solid leaderships skills, good stakeholder management skills, self-directed and independent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong fluency in English
What's on Offer
Being part of the leading role in the company you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Senior role in a highly dynamic company with good career prospect
- Attractive salary package (RM17,000 -22,000 depending on experience)