You are here
Finance Manager (Reporting)
- Rapidly growing organisation
- An opportuntiy to grow with an MNC
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest healthcare services company in the US.
Due to the growth of the business as well as the increased complexity of their business landscape, they are looking for a Finance Manager to join their team in Malaysia.
As a Finance Manager, your role is essential to the organization it is vital you come with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Amongst the many responsibilities, some are listed below:
- Assist the financial controller in managing the accounting and billing team.
- Monthly oversight on accounting, timely and accurate close for the Malaysia entities, review accounting entries and financial statements submitted.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports in accordance to US GAAP, corporate requirements and ensure all monthly financial reporting timelines are met and supporting schedules prepared.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial review report; performing financial analysis and assisting with budgets and forecasts.
- Respond to inquiries from management team regarding financial results and ad-hoc inconsistencies to reconciliations, take remedial action or refer to relevant personnel as appropriate.
- Develop procedures to strengthen credit and collections from patients and sponsors. Follow up with billing and claim officers and operations teams on outstanding AR.
- Work with the team to handle all statutory audits, regulatory and tax reporting obligations by ensuring local requirements are met for the Malaysia legal entities.
- Review accounting and balance sheet reconciliation and ensure that all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Ensure reconciling entries are posted accurately.
- Review Accounts receivable and inventory reports to monitor actions to minimize aged Accounts receivable and inventory. Ensure inventory is recorded accurately to GL. Ensure provisions for AR is sufficient.
- Improve internal control procedures. Ensure accurate books and records, and appropriate internal controls are in place.
- Prepare schedules for tax agents, prepare and check GST returns, and ensure corporate tax returns are filed accurately and on time.
- Any other projects as assigned.
- Clear confidence to act independently and to challenge established norms, rules and procedures as needed.
- Strong analytical skills especially with regards to understanding, business risk, operational processes, procedures and operational controls
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Finance Manager will add value to the all the stakeholders and prove to be an invaluable asset in providing various analyses. You must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree with a Professional Qualification (ICAEW/ACCA/CPA/CIMA)
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant working experience
- Big 4 experience is advantageous
- Confident and effective team player who is able to command respect and effectively communicate with management and peer
- Self-motivated, resourceful and ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines
What's on Offer
You will be offered a great package which includes:
- Attractive salary package (RM10,000 to RM15,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious company