You are here
Finance Controller - UK Leading Hospitality Brand
- Senior role in a highly profiled and global brand
- Attractive salary and benefit package
About Our Client
Our client operates one of the biggest hotel chains worldwide, hogging the title as one of the top UK conglomerates worldwide. They are in the midst of expanding all of their business area. As a dynamic organization moving forward, they believe in hiring the best talent to produce the best results.
Due to the growth of the business in Thailand and across South East Asia, they are looking for a Finance Controller to partner in bringing their business to an elite level across the region. This is an amazing opportunity to join this organization with strong development and good progression prospects
- Implement the Financial and Accounting policies and procedures and controls as directed and advise senior hotel management on the interpretation and implementation of these.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place in accordance with the Hotel's Financial Control Framework (FCF) and as directed from time to time by senior management to effectively manage Key Business Risks and safeguard the Company's assets.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly management and annual financial statements (as defined in the group policy) for presentation to senior management / owner as per Accounting Policy requirements, expected standards and agreed deadlines/timeframes.
- Together with the General Manager, oversee the preparation of annual budgets and business plans, as well as any periodic financial forecasts which are required to effectively manage the financial operations of the business in line with Company Objectives.
- Monitor actual performance against approved budgets & business plans and investigate and report on significant variances.
- Provide where appropriate, the Owner's auditors with timely and accurate presentation of the hotels books and records, as necessary (and in accordance with the group policy) to assist the auditor in their preparation of the annual audit.
- Oversee the effective operation and utilization of the Company's computerized financial/management accounting & reporting systems.
- Manage the company's bank accounts and working capital to ensure the effectiveness and appropriate utilization of Company funds in support of the business.
- Ensure timely and complete adherence to all hotel related taxation legislation & regulations as they relate to the hotel operations (including all tax compliance/ filing, payment & other obligations).
- Keep abreast of Taxation legislation & regulations (and changes thereto), in order to understand the implication of such legislation & regulations for the hotel operations.
- Maintain effective working relations with owner, bankers, auditors and other key external advisors/ parties.
- Manage the payroll process (in or outsourced) for all hotel employees, in conjunction with HR.
- Manage Financial Accounting for the Hotel.
- Manage the finance team; guide, direct, supervise and develop team member to achieve a high level of performance.
- Perform any other responsibilities as requested by line manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant fields .
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in hotel finance.
- Track record in managing international branded hotels in a self-accounting environment.
- Experience in all areas of hotel accounting, reporting, taxation and working capital management.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in using advanced computer based accounting systems.
- Planning, coordination and organization skills.
- People management skills and the ability to manage a small team.
- A team player who can work as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, and able to meet competing deadlines under pressure.
- Problem-solver, able to look at issues, assesses ways to improve and develop systems / processes to do this.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Able to communicate with senior management, corporate office and owners.
- Strong English language proficiency in reading, writing and speech.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration and benefits package (THB 90,000 to THB 110,000 depending on experience)
- Autonomy in adding value and driving the business forward
- Be part of a global and dynamic brand