You are here
Finance Controller - Project
Attractive salary package
Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a large organisation
About Our Client
Are you seeking a workplace where every challenge is met with courage, and curiosity is not only an asset, but also a necessity?
Our client is one of Malaysia's biggest construction companies. In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business in the region, they are looking for proven, top class, accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of Finance Controller - Project to become the key finance support to drive the strategic and commercial growth agenda within the company.
- To prepare monthly Management Accounts for monthly meeting.
- To prepare Management Accounts on quarterly basis in time to meet the Group's reporting to Bursa Malaysia Securities
- To prepare annual statutory financial statements for review by external auditors
- To ensure that the financial data posting for all modules are kept up to date
- To constantly monitor on the various daily functions of the financial staff and ensure that their works are performed within the reasonable time frame set.
- To reassign tasks among the finance staff from time to time to ensure smooth processing of financial transactions and constantly seek way to improve the procedures for better performance.
- To coordinate and prepare the annual budget for the management discussion and final adoption by board.
- To control and monitor daily cash flows to ensure funds / collections are allocated for payment according to priority set by management and ensure all requests for payments are properly checked for authorization and processed in time.
- To establish a Credit Control unit and create billings mechanism and monitor collection from end customers/ financiers
- To provide input to corporate finance personnel on project financing matters and monitor subsequent servicing of financial costs
- To provide ad-hoc financial reports as requested by other department or directors for decision making
- To coordinate with tax department and ensure tax return are properly prepared and submitted to IRB and make tax estimate payment and revision for tax installment if need arises.
- To coordinate with auditor on yearly auditing affair and ensure that audited accounts are prepared in compliant with FRS and is duly completed for statutory filing purpose.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting systems, inventory, and other related procedures and controls
- Establishes system controls for new accounting systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- To execute project cost control policy implementation/cost control procedures and project cost analysis.
- To update/monitor the unbilled milestone, billing status reports with project management team and to follow up closely with project management team on all overdue collection.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance; and qualified Professional qualification, e.g. CIMA, ACCA, CPA, etc.
- At least 7 years of working experience in related field
- Must have experience of working in a construction/property development/oil and gas company
- Dynamic, resourceful and confident individual
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
What's on Offer
- Many development opportunities such as: Progress in job size in accordance with business growth of the company and potentially look forward to being promoted within the greater group of companies