You are here
Finance Analyst, General Accounting (Shared Services)
- Attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
- Opportunity to work in a good and inclusive working environment
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. They have offices in 17 other countries and their products are sold in approximately 125 countries. For over a century, they have united caring with discovery to improve lives of people. They focus on innovative ways to meet their purpose of making medicines matter and directly help people live longer. They are aspiring to make the world a better place to live in with their products and service. At this juncture, a business partnering position has become available. They are looking to welcome on board a Finance Analyst for shared services, and potentially groom this talent to grow with the organization.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will be joining a team of talented Financial Analysts and contribute your ideas to top management. Please find the details of the job position below:
- Work with local affiliate Finance organization to understand affiliate activities, prepare trial balance package including standard metrics, investigate trial balance account fluctuations to understand and document drivers for review by SSC management and affiliate controller sign-off.
- Conduct trial balance review call with local controllers.
- Ensure adherence to strict month end and year end deadlines
- Perform quality reviews, root cause analysis and suggest process improvements to resolve issues.
- Facilitate a structured review of key processes for shared learning and continuous improvement.
- Build Strong Working Relationships with controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates and with other SSC functions.
- Identify appropriate reconciliation methodology and supporting documentation based on the type of account being reconciled.
- Work with others to gather appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation.
- Identify when reconciliation repository tool needs master data maintained, utilize reconciliation repository tool to document account reconciliations and route for approval.
- Escalation of issues and any unresolved aged items.
- Review/approve reconciliation prepared by BPO.
- Review and assess if parked journal voucher accounting entry is appropriate with clear business rationale, adequate supporting documentation to support the purpose of journal voucher and source of information is clearly defined.
- In the event of rejection, clearly communicate reason for rejecting JV request to requestor.
- Identify and prepare a journal vouchers when needed.
- Understand key control processes and ensure compliance of SOX Control.
- Ensure all GA SOx and Operational Key controls are performed timely.
- Escalate issues to management.
- BPO processes and controls.
- SAP general accounting processes.
- Research and resolve reconciliation issues.
- Research and resolve intercompany imbalances.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal individual will possess strong interpersonal skills and must have the following criteria:
- One (1) position for a permanent role.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional accounting qualification such as CPPA, CIMA or ACCA.
- Must have audit experience and full set accounts.
- Must have GA SSC background.
- A strong analytical person.
- Knowledge in local statutory report or local tax would be advantage.
- Knowledge in SAP is required.
- Knowledge in project/scope migration, implementation and process improvements.
- Salary range is between RM6,000.00 to RM9,000.00
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (RM6,000 - RM9,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression within the organization
- Excellent working environment with a chance to work with like-minded individuals
- Ongoing technical and soft skills development