You are here
Custom & Trade Compliance (Assistant Manager) - Global MNC
MYR6,000 - MYR8,000 per month (MYR72,000 - MYR96,000)
- A great Customs role with an established MNC
- Excellent opportunities for career growth and regional advancement
About Our Client
Our client is an established European manufacturer with a very strong presence in the Asia Pacific region. They have been around for about 3 decades with about 2000 employees in Malaysia.
- Perform import customs declaration, if linked considering prohibitions and restrictions and customs procedures. Manage refunds and reconcile customs duties owed.
- Perform export customs declaration (see also trade control operations and excise duties). Manage refunds and reconcile customs duties owed.
- Manage the calculation of the preferential origin, the creation of the related declarations and its distribution as required.
- Executive trade control for inbound and outbound deliveries ensuring that trade control relevant regulations are operationally considered obtaining licenses and other documents from authorities and customers, If linked, the export customs declaration is performed as well.
- Optimizing and monitoring customs duty payments through applicable customs procedures be it duty suspension schemes or duty drawback procedures.
- Optimizing and monitoring excise duty payments. If linked, the export customs declaration is included.
- Ensure existing operating procedures and processes are adhered to. Comply with the regulations in ISO9002 and ISO14001 and improving our behavior to ensure the system go smoothly. Ensure order processing in line with TDS requirement.
- Ensure all the related service, process and documentation is in compliance with government & country-specific legal laws and regulations.
The Successful Applicant
- Education: College degree or above in international trade, logistics, supply chain or related discipline.
- Working Experience: Above 5 years working experience in logistics and/or import & export operation relate; Working experience in chemical industry preferred.
- Good capability in written and verbal English and Mandarin.
- Have intercultural competence, communication and language skills.
- Have proactive and solution orientated; Have issue handling skills.
- Skillful in software of excel, word and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in customs laws and regulation incl. preferential treatment preferred.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
What's on Offer
- Excellent opportunity for career development Fast paced environment
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a Supply Chain professional with Customs background to put their own stamp on the role and improve the capability internally.