You are here
- Attractive salary package
- Great development opportunity
About Our Client
Are you seeking a workplace where every challenge is met with courage, and curiosity is not only an asset but also a necessity? Come and join one of the world's largest retail companies.
In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business in the region, they are looking for proven, top class, business minded accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of Costing Controller to become the key support to drive the strategic and commercial growth agenda within the company.
- Monitors, reviews and verifies inventory records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation. Ensures compliance with internal policies, government rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Determines current balances to produce schedules, summary reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Reviews reports for accuracy and analyzes reports for variances prior to distribution.
- Identifies problems and interacts with internal and/or external contacts as required to correct deficiencies. Rejects and returns documentation as appropriate.
- Reconciles inventory counts to the company financial system through weekly/monthly reconciliations. Researches and resolves problems and adjusts accordingly. Ensures supporting documentation exists for audit purposes.
- Assists in developing and maintaining automated systems and procedures. Responsible for ensuring the daily backup of Inventory information and liaises with System Support for Inventory on an ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for the work performed by reporting staff and for the training and development of same.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting/Economics or equivalent. Have professional accounting qualifications (i.e. ACCA, CPA, ICAEW)
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in FMCG/Retail/Pharmaceutical/F&B industry is an added advantage
What's on Offer
Many development opportunities such as: Progress in job size in accordance with business growth of the company and potentially look forward to being promoted within the greater group of companies