You are here
Cost Management Accountant - Ipoh
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global M
- Good career progression
About Our Client
Are you seeking a workplace where every challenge is met with courage, and curiosity is not only an asset, but also a necessity? Our client is one of the world's largest manufacturing companies, with presence in more than 70 countries. In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business in the region, they are looking for proven accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of Cost Management Accountant to become the key finance support to drive the strategic and commercial growth agenda within the company.
- Provide financial information i.e. forecast budget, to the head quarters and to ensure all the Works accounting practices and reconciliation are carried out in a proper manner
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant information and analysis to enable effective management of cost and budgetary control and effective decision making.
- Coordinate and prepare works budget in accordance with the company's business plan through discussions and negotiations with the various departments within the plant as well as head quarters to ensure a realistic and challenging budget, identify anomalies and make corrective adjustments to ensure no overrun.
- Manage and plan cycle count of engineering spares throughout the year to ensure no stock variance.
- Conduct annual account closing, and liaise with the auditors by providing information's and follow ups to ensure accurate and relevant information is provided.
- Prepare statutory report and ensure accuracy of plant i.e. statistics, production data, manufacturing survey to be submitted to the head quarters in a timely manner.
- Ensure that works capital expenditure and other related expenses are properly maintained and accounted for as well as ensure the expenditure procedures are in accordance with the statutory and legal requirements. Challenges the financial viability of new projects.
- Manage cash flows to meet works payment, this includes management of petty cash and ensuring bank payments are properly accounted for.
- Implement and adhere to all Internal Control Rules and the Code of Business Conduct in your area of responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or equivalent. Strongly preferred those with professional accounting qualifications (i.e. ACCA, CPA, CPA)
- At least 5 years of working experience in the manufacturing environment, preferably in costing, stocks and expenditure control
- Meticulous with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good negotiator with tactful personality
- Knowledge with SAP is strongly preferred
What's on Offer
- Good career progression
- Attractive salary package
- Dynamic team