You are here
This position is now filled
Business Development Manager
- Client is an international transport & logistics
- Role offers career progression
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in international transport and logistics, and long established specialists in international air and ocean freight.
Responsible for the management of the sales team, ensuring achievement of sales targets and developing of new business opportunities and training and maintaining a strong and dedicated sales team.
- Operation: Sourcing, communicating, submitting proposal to potential customers.
- To assist and develop first hand all aspects of sales activities in the Business Unit.
- To develop General Cargo Sales, Air and Sea, Import and Export with a priority given freehand sales development.
- To develop revenues in any sector.
- From time to time other priorities may be given to one area or another depending on the nature of the result that can be achieved.
- Positive direction / advice with others is encouraged in terms of sales activity / awareness and leads that can be obtained via operational contacts and management contacts.
- To secure and develop business with other Client Branches.
- Participate in the set up and follow up of internal standard procedures to enhance productivity and transparency
- Maintain acceptable Health, Safety and Environment risk levels in his/her area of responsibility
- Ensure the compliance with applicable legal requirement
Reports directly to the Sales Manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Education - Bachelor Degree from recognized university or relevant qualification
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a fast paced and multi-cultural MNC environment
- Candidate with strong analytical skills and a problem solver
- Must be able to speak in English - Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent Team working skills
- Strong PC skills - proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Goal oriented, motivated self-starter with excellent organization skills
- Proactive and ability to multi tasks
What's on Offer
Offers a motivating and rewarding work in a multinational working environment, based in Surabaya.