You are here
Automation Tester - Selenium / Python
Fast-paced, fun, innovative and highly dynamic work environment
Attractive remuneration package
About Our Client
Our client is an established European multinational that provides digital transformation solutions for clientele worldwide. Recognized as the global leader for state-of-the-art solutions, they are strengthening their foothold in Malaysia as one of their regional offices besides Europe and US by bringing good talent together.
The Automation test Engineer will be responsible to conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and objectives. Your key responsibilities include:
- Design test strategies and frameworks to drive up code coverage and automation metric
- Develop and execute automated tests in different platforms using Python and the WebDriver/ChromeDriver library through Selenium Simple Test(SST).
- Actively participate in Iteration Planning, Stand-ups, and Team Retrospectives.
- Recommend new test automation tools and frameworks to technical leads and management
- Proactively share knowledge on best practices for testing software and act as a consultant across all the software development and testing groups
- Define quality metrics, track them and make them available to all stakeholders
- Submit and verify defects; perform bug-scrubs and prioritize defects
- Communicate quality issues and risks to the software development teams and technical leaders on a daily basis
- Mentor and train manual testers to impart automation knowledge and share workload
- Provide estimations for all test effort pertaining to automation tasks.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Minimum 2 years of consistent Python programming experience.
- Minimum 1+ year consistent experience in automating tests using WebDriver and/or ChromeDriver for Selenium.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Web technologies (HTTP, Web sites, Web Services [SOAP/REST])
- Minimum 3 years of experience using test management and issue tracking tools (e.g., JIRA, GitHub, Bugzilla, Team Track, JIRA, TFS, etc.)
- Minimum 2 year of experience in iterative development (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Lean Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills)
- Knowledge and/or experience with the software tools and techniques used in automated testing
- Experience with large-scale projects including intra-departmental communication and collaboration
What's on Offer
- Experience in building automation frameworks
- Experience in using Selenium Simple Test(SST)
- Collaborate closely with software development team on fluid changes that impact automation test scripts to keep automation test cases updated