You are here
Automation Process Engineering Manager ( Johor)
- Automation Process Engineering Manager ( Johor)
- Newly created role with good remuneration package
About Our Client
- The manufacturing facility is based in Kulai, Johor with the main support organisations based in Shenzhen, China, Medina, USA, and Accrington, UK.
- It will be a requirement to work with engineering teams across these locations on a regular basis in order to support the requirements of new and existing products.
- Currently sales comprise of assembled units supplied to well-known Contract Manufacturers for western American brand manufacture in Asia
- One of the major challenges will be to manage the introduction of several new product lines within the next 12 to 18 months, for a new customer, which will increase turnover by an expected 3 to 4 times above current levels.
- Additional initiatives are also currently under way to further increase our Domestic sales to a range of domestic and blue chip multinational customers.
- The Engineering Manager reporting the General Manager
- To support all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering within a high volume manufacturing environment in Malaysia.
- Responsible for existing products and processes, including manufacturing equipment, the highest level of OEE will be achieved.
- Equipment and processes will continually be reviewed adopting a structured six sigma approach to identifying and implementing improvements.
- New products and processes will be managed and coordinated controlling all aspects of the project, often working with other engineering teams within the Division.
- Responsible for controlling departmental costs as well as producing capital equipment plans for new processes and process improvements.
- Develop and manage an effective maintenance management system ensuring good control over preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining a tight control over machine downtime, ensuring the facility and equipment condition is maintained to a high level.
- We seek an outstanding leader who has successfully grown an international industrial products business. Strong Asian & Western customer-facing skills will be underpinned by a comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing operations, facilities management, and NPI.
- With a strong sense of accountability, the Engineering Manager will develop their team, coaching and developing capability of all team members.
- Inspiring, ambitious and highly credible, the successful candidate will be of high intellect, validated by appropriate academic and professional qualifications, with sophisticated interpersonal and communication skills.
- The company is a market-leading specialist manufacturer with divisions producing a range of high-specification components and finished products.
- Customers span a variety of industries and sectors including business machines (photo copiers, laser printers), automotive, appliance and offshore.
- With a family owned UK parent, the business has benefitted from a high level of investment in recent years, both into capital equipment and R&D, and now provides a strong platform and opportunity for growth across the Asia region
- Responsible for all NPI and Process Engineering staff as well a Maintenance and facilities staff
- Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
- Manage functions to Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing through improvements.
- Oversee and ensure high safety standards at all times.
- Direct engineering, maintenance, and facilities activities to ensure safety and compliance with quality control standards, regulatory compliance, and lease agreements.
- Oversee and ensure good housekeeping at site at all times.
- Reduce and conserve energy through good facilities and process management
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is likely to:
- A graduate mechanical or manufacturing engineer with a BSc or BEng
- Have a further Engineering or scientific qualifications (e.g. MSc, MEng)
- Have experience of air filtration products, ideally from a high volume manufacturing background.
- Have knowledge of pleated air filtration and an appreciation of associated media and equipment.
- be numerate and financially aware, with good analytical skills
- be articulate; able to communicate succinctly and persuasively, both orally and in writing
- have experience of light engineering, continuous high volume as well as small batch manufacturing, and component supply
- be comfortable in front of customers managing engineering meetings and customer audits
- have experience managing a successful engineering and maintenance team
- be able to provide clear and hands-on leadership, making sure that objectives are properly set and monitored - and that staff are suitably trained and developed.
- be used to modern manufacturing and quality systems
- be IT literate with experience of modern business and customer systems
- have achieved measurable results - and made change
- come with a positive recommendation from his/her current organisation
- have room to grow/develop further
- Work under the direction of the General Manager to ensure that the necessary resources are allocated to meet Departmental requirements and standards in order to provide excellent levels of customer service at all times.
What's on Offer
Good career path for this pioneering role with a good remuneration benefit