You are here
Assistant Manager (Regulatory Reporting)
- Optimise your financial services experience
- An opportunity to move into a progressive position
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global MNCs in the financial services industry.
In line with the business needs, they are looking for a Assistant Manager to join their Regulatory Reporting team.
- Prepare and review local and group information, asset and liability, risk reports, cost analytics, regulatory and statistical returns to external parties on a timely basis complete with analysis of the financial performance reported
- Assist the manager to manage the reporting systems, ensuring that the integrity of financial data is maintained and that such data are available to key users on a timely basis to support decision making. Prepare and review appropriate information in order to support in the efficient management of the balance sheet
- Implement new regulatory requirements as required by Bank Negara. Coordinate with business managers to obtain information required by Bank Negara. Assist business to maximize profitability within the guidelines and regulations
- Support the manager in assisting to implement the country financial control framework as required by Group's Financial Control Policies
- Research accounting policies, identify accounting and regulatory requirements in relation to new product programmes.
- Assist in the development of new group systems or regulatory reporting systems and maintenance/continuous development of the existing finance systems. Provide support to business in relation to queries, problem solving, training and user requirements.
- Participate in Group projects which have a financial or finance systems implications.
- Prepare and review the financial statements in accordance to local accounting standards and BNM requirements.
- Manage the migrated processes/activities to the Finance hub by working closely and monitor the colleagues from the hub ensuring that all deliverables are completed within the deadline and accuracy levels per Service Level Agreement with a further focus on reducing cost.
- Implement the operational risk management and assurance framework. To undertake periodic compliance risk focused self-assessments, highlighting exceptions, generating accurate and timely compliance reports, assess Finance risks and develop controls to ensure that such risks are mitigated.
- Prepare and execute the Business Continuity Planning procedures for the division.
- To continuously review officer's current workflow methodology and re-engineer processes to derive optimum output
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Assistant Manager is responsible for the growth of the company and must posses the below requirements;
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking or Professional Accountancy qualification (ACCA,CPA, CA or equivalent)
- At least 3 to 7 years experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Big 4 candidates are encouraged to apply
- Strong regulatory reporting and presentation skills, highly motivated and result oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package
- Excellent career growth opportunities