You are here
Assistant Financial Controller (Johor)
- Great opportunity to join one of the largest Hospitality Company in the Malaysia
- Develop your career with good career prospect in this big organization
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest company within the Hospitality industry, operating all across the world and within Malaysia. With their fast growing industry, our client boasts on their huge growth year on year and enormous workforce. As a dynamic and people centric organization, they believe in hiring the best people to partner in their ever growing profitable organization. Due to the growth of the business as well as the increased complexity of their business landscape, they are looking to expand their business in Malaysia, resulting in availability of an Assistant Financial Controller role. Amazing opportunity to join this huge organization with strong revenue, good personal development and career progression.
As this role is essential to the organization, it is vital that candidate comes with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the many responsibilities are listed below:
- Manage the day to day financial and accounting operations with particular focus on the company's financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible to assist in driving planning cycles developing budget, forecasting & business plans
- Drive post close analysis such as portfolio and P&L variance analysis to understand trends, risks and opportunities in the current market
- Ensure appropriate process and systems controls are in placed and maintained to guarantee the integrity of all transactions
- Responsible for developing suitable financial and operating procedures to improve the operational efficiency of the business unit
- Coordinate with banks on daily banking matters; preparation of cash flow forecast and maintenance of bank balances.
- Working closely with the Management team and business partners in different divisions/depts
- Liaise with auditors / tax agents & Company Secretary whenever necessary
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Assistant Financial Controller will be confident in leading the department and be responsible for the growth of the company and must posses the below requirements;
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Accounting or Professional Accountancy qualification (ACCA,CPA, CA or equivalent)
- A minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 3 years at a senior managerial level - preferably in Commercial Services environment
- Assertive, self-confident and mature individual with strong self-discipline and high integrity
- Strong analytical skill, results driven, pro-active, flexible to changing priorities and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated business partnering and influencing skills
- Able to communicate well and have proven record of strong people management skills
- Proficient in interpreting financial results and strong problem solving skills
- Good written and spoken English. Knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese an added advantage.
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading company in Malaysia you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Attractive salary package (RM12,000 to RM18,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious company