You are here
Assistant Controller (based in Penang)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global MNC
- Great development opportunities
About Our Client
Are you seeking a workplace where every challenge is met with courage, and curiosity is not only an asset but also a necessity? Come and join one of the world's pioneer manufacturer.
In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business in the region, they are looking for proven, top class, business minded accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of Assistant Controller to become the key support to drive the strategic and commercial growth agenda within the company.
- Leading a team of executives to ensure financial statements are reasonably stated, reviewing reconciliations' and guideline consultation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial reports (management reports, cash flows, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis etc).
- Coordinate the preparation of annual report, annual audit, budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure compliance of statutory requirements, company policies and procedures, and accounting standards.
- Ensure all necessary internal controls are in place to safeguard company's assets.
- Assist in identifying and resolving operational issues relating to accounting.
- Liaise with auditors, both internal and external, on all audit matters.
- Tax planning, tax compliance etc.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by company from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Accounting/ ACCA/ CIMA and registered with MIA
- Minimum 15 years relevant working experience
- Familiar with local accounting standards, group consolidation, taxation and other regulatory financial reporting requirements. Exposure to US GAAP
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and follow up skills.
- Positive working attitude, independent, analytical, resourceful and results oriented
- Strong leadership with at least 10 years of people management
- Strong sense of confidentiality and business ethics
- Able to multi-task and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
What's on Offer
Many development opportunities such as: Progress in job size in accordance with business growth of the company and potentially look forward to being promoted within the greater group of companies