You are here
Accounts Receivable - Manager (OTC)
Attractive remuneration package - depending on experience
Valuable migration/transition opportunity
About Our Client
Stanley Black & Decker is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures industrial tools and household hardware. This American MNC is well known for their excellent company culture, supporting their employees' needs through career development, training opportunities and global operations exposure. Stanley Black & Decker is a dynamic, innovative, and rapidly expanding company which has grown consistently. After a strong 2016, they are looking to further build on this in 2017.
Within a newly setup Shared Services Centre supporting the APAC Region, Stanley Black & Decker is currently seeking talented candidates to be part of the pioneer team. This is an opportunity to contribute to the culture of a SSC, ensuring all accounting activities are performed in accordance with group policy and best practices. If you are an experienced finance shared services candidate looking for a highly exciting challenge in transition activities, you are highly encouraged to apply.
They are looking for an Order-to-Cash manager who is experienced in cash applications up to collections to be a pioneer leader in the team. As this is a new setup, they are looking for someone who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to assist team members on operations at the start.
- Establish effective processes and a controls framework to facilitate the above responsibilities and ensure compliance with company policy & procedures as well as SOX and local statutory requirements (US & Local GAAP)
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives on process & systems enhancing our efficiency and driving productivity in Accounts Receivable (AR).
- Establish operations finance team in KL and embed robust process and controls.
- Support ad-hoc projects related to AR functions
- Identify and lead process improvement, automation and productivity opportunities
- Management & Development of the AR Finance Team
- On-time query resolution - customer and local market
- Ensure timely and correct completion of AR tasks
- KPI reporting analysis
- Primarily responsible for applying cash receipts to correct invoices within Accounts Receivable ledgers for both customers and affiliates
- Perform daily reconciliation and balancing of cash receipts
- Prepares and issues timely credit notes for customer rebates, specific A&P payments, warranty claims and customer early payments
- Work closely with both internal and external parties to investigate and resolve issues on past dues, misapplied cash and rejected payments
- Close cooperation with Credit Specialists
- Prepares monthly AR ageing for internal circulation.
- Generates monthly statement of accounts and send to customers.
- Maintain records for auditing purposes (filling remittances, bank statements etc.)
- Complete month end reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Support all other AR related reporting
- Assist with annual audit
- Ensure compliance to internal controls (SOX environment), GAAP, policies and statutory requirements
- Act as back up for customer AR/credit assessment and order release function
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Good command of business English; Mandarin language proficiency is highly preferred
- Possess high level of integrity and a positive working attitude.
- Degree /Professional Qualifications (ACCA, MIA, CIMA, CPA or similar) with 6-10 years' of relevant experience
- At least 3-5 years of focused experience in cash applications and collections.
- SAP skills are a MUST
- Attention to detail and great organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to change
- Previous experience in a Shared Services environment is an advantage
- Professional, team spirit oriented, diligent.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package - depending on experience
- Valuable migration/transition opportunity where have the opportunity to travel to other countries and experience other cultures
- Strategic location of company - Accessible by MRT
- Exposure to an MNC environment
- Opportunity to work alongside bright individuals who will support you in your career