You are here
- Exciting role with a leading US hospitality group
- Dynamic team with significant growth opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a leading US-based hospitality group operating several hotel/resort brands, vacation ownerships, vacation exchanges and rentals. With nearly 8,000 hotels under 15 brands across 6 continents, the Group is poised to further develop a sound portfolio across Thailand and is currently on the search for an Accountant to take lead of their sales site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure tight financial controls are maintained in accordance with group policies, procedures and accounting practices
- Actively contribute to the financial performance of the sales site and resort operations
- Assist with financial forecasting and budgeting models as directed by the centralised finance function
- Coordinate the payment of invoices by coding and sending to Head Office Payment Services as required
- Assist in the coordination of payroll and sending to Head Office Payroll as required
- Review the entering of all sales contracts and cash receipting in Merlin and ensure accuracy and completeness
- Account for and reconcile all activity relating to the operation of the Tour Desk in the hotel
- Attend to the local filings for VAT and other taxes
- Oversee the reconciliation and distribution of cash balances within the sales site (petty cash, SPIFF, etc)
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements in the relevant accounting software package ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting practices
- Ensure the balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and cleared appropriately where required
- Report on and control capital expenditure for the sales site with the assistance of the centralised finance function
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as it relates to the Sales site
- Ensure that all reasonable directions given with regards to health and safety are followed, to not willfully place at risk the health and safety of yourself or any person in the workplace and to not willfully or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided for health and safety.
- Display innovation through inspiring, creating and improving processes and products.
- Show integrity in all aspects of the position by doing the right thing, taking responsibility and delivering on the promise.
- Display leadership values by ensuring effective communication and respecting your peers and managers. Support others within the team and empower each other wherever possible.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Accountant must possess the below requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or relevant disciplines
- Professional Qualification (CPA or CA) would be an added advantage
- At least 3 - 5 years commercial accounting experience
- Prior hospitality experience will be highly regarded
- Fluency in English and Thai is essential
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) and hands-on ERP system experience
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, flexibility to meet required timelines and stakeholder management abilities
- A proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package (THB 70,000 - THB 100,000 per month, depending on experience)
- Strong regional growth potential