You are here
Accountant (Commodities Trading)
- Opportunity to step into a leading MNC
- Excellent working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a global player in agricultural commodities, with an establistment in more than 50 countries worldwide. As part of a giant conglomerate spanning across the region, they are going through an ambitious phase of reinvention and expansion. As part of their continuous growth strategy, they are currently looking for an experienced incumbent to join them as a Commodities Trading Accountant.
Responsible for the accounting activities of a trading profit and loss (PNL), including but not limited to the following detailed tasks/ activities:
- Prepare and review the daily trades and position exposures. Ensure appropriate action is taken to address all potential risks, for example trading limit, etc.
- Liaise with trading team on differences, discrepancies on daily position and exposures.
- Prepare and review the daily FX exposures report, including discussion with the trading team and liaison with Treasury team on execution of FX trade.
- Prepare and post all the general accounting entries and journals for the trading PNL at month end close. Incluing market price verification, MTM reconciliation and related accounting entries etc.
- Prepare and reconcile the merchant PNL (Excel based) versus SAP trading PNL.
- Ensure all daily, mid month and month end reporting (eg Mdex, Mdex PnL and FX) are sent to designated persons on time.
- Daily trading cash flow monitoring, including margin call monitoring, etc.
- Produce and prepare standard reports for commodities trading business.
- Any other general accounting activities relating to the trading PNL.
The Successful Applicant
The successful incumbent must possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent, with preferably an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/CPA etc)
- Minimum 3 years related work experiences. .
- Optimistic, self motivated, and take ownership for deliverables and outcome.
- Strong process mindset, understanding of finance process taxonomy and application in transaction processing activities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty during time of change.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Possess good interpersonal and networking skills amongst his/her team and business stakeholders.
- Prior knowledge in commodities trading is required, preferred to be in agriculture, palm, laurics.
- Knowledge in SAP and business intelligence tools (BI) is preferred.
- Proficient in microsoft office, strong Excel skills, including but not limited to using formulas, data organization, linkage functions across multiple Excel files.
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading MNC, you may enjoy benefits such as:
- Attractive remuneration package (RM5,000 - RM7,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression within the organization
- Excellent working environment with a chance to work with like-minded individuals
- Ongoing technical and soft skills development